All About RUP
Highlights of RUP:
• Delivers software development best practices from industry leaders
• Reduces risk and increases predictability of software development
• Gives you control over schedules and deliverables
• Allows you to configure the process to fit the technological needs of your team
• Improves your team communication
• Optimizes the usage of the Unified Modeling Language (UML)
• Deploys tools to automate the full software lifecycle
• Accelerates your project with clear guidance, templates and useful examples
What is the Rational Unified Process?
The Rational Unified Process, or RUP, is a web-enabled set of software engineering best practices that provide you with guidance to streamline your team's development activities. As an industry-wide process platform, RUP enables you to easily choose the set of process components that are right for your specific project needs. You will achieve more predictable results by unifying your team with common processes that improve communication and create a common understanding of all tasks, responsibilities, and artifacts. On one centralized web exchange, Rational Software, platform vendors, tool vendors and domains experts provide the process components you need to be successful.
Rational Unified Process makes process practical:
• Unify Your Team
The Rational Unified Process unifies the entire software development team and enhances team communication by providing each team member with one approach to develop software with an on-line knowledge base that can be customized to the specific needs of the project. Using online browser navigation, each team member has instant access to RUP's knowledge base and process guidelines from their desktop. The knowledge base further unifies the team by identifying and assigning responsibilities, artifacts, and tasks so each member of the team understands his contribution to the project. By unifying your team, you can streamline communication and...