Year 10 Revision Questions to help you study for your end of year exam.
All your exam questions will be from IGCSE papers so will not all be of the style given here. These questions should help you organise yourself and let you know if you are on the right track!! Any questions that you can’t answer without your books..look it up and then LEARN that topic in more detail.
1) List the 7 characteristics of living things. Explain what each term means.
2) What is the Binomial system? Why is it an international system?
3) What are the 5 classes of vertebrates? List the external characteristics of each class.
4) Give 3 differences between monocotyledons and dicotyledons. Give a named example of each.
5) Make a labelled diagram of a virus. Why is a virus not considered to be “living” by some scientists?
6) Draw a labelled diagram of a bacterium.
7) Draw a labelled diagram of a fungus. On your diagram explain briefly how it a) feeds b) reproduces.
8) Distinguish between the terms saprophyte and parasite.
9) List 2 features that are characteristic of arthropods.
10) Give 2 characteristic features of a) molluscs b) myriapods .
11) Make a table to show structural differences between insects and arachnids.
12) Explain the difference between an annelid and a nematode.
13) Why is a slug not a typical mollusc?
14) Draw labelled diagrams of a typical animal and plant cell. On the diagrams explain the functions of the various cell organelles.
15) Make a table giving 3 difference between plant and animal cells.
16) Where in a cell does respiration occur?
17) Define the terms: organelle, cell, tissue, organ, system, organism.
18) How are each of the following adapted for their function? RBC, muscle cell, xylem vessel, root hair cell, ciliated cell,
19) What is the formula for calculating the total magnification of a specimen observed under the microscope?
20) What is the formula for calculating the magnification/scale of a...