SPECIAL SKILL SECURITY SERVICES SDN BHD
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE
1. A bodyguard is a trained security personnel responsible for the safety of a prominent client from the threat of assault, kidnapping, assassination or other threats. It may also involves the protection of the client’s immediate family and property.
2. A bodyguard is normally talentspotted and recruited for employment by Special Skill Security Services Sdn. Bhd. upon request by a client for a specific period under the terms and conditions agreed upon.
3. A bodyguard must be physically fit, with good eyesight and hearing, has passed criminal record checks and medically certified free from drug abuse.
4. A bodyguard is usually armed and possessed a valid C & U license issued by the Royal Malaysia Police to Special Skill Security Services Sdn Bhd, which is the main firearms licensed holder.
5. A bodyguard is usually an ex-security force personnel, although not a prerequiste, as proper training in firearms handling and basic techniques in martial arts are given before deployment and he is periodically required to attend a refresher’s course.
6. A bodyguard is required to strictly adhere to the proper usage, maintenance and safekeeping of his firearm at all times in accordance with the country’s laws.
7. A bodyguard is often required to work long shifts in order to provide 24-hour protection. Since he or she follows the client, the work locations may range from indoor meetings or social events to outdoor functions. He or she often has to travel by car, train, plane or ship to escort a client, and in some cases, international travel is required.
8. A bodyguard, whilst on close escort duty has to remain alert to react to threatening situations to their client.
9. A bodyguard may also be employed to drive their client and has to be ready for evasive driving techniques if the need arises.