Product Price: $3.49
Intended Use: Reduces underarm wetness.
Directions for Use: Apply to the underarms only. Turn the dial several times until product reaches openings. Dispense amount you need. Rub in until product disappears.
Precautions/Warnings: For external use only. Do not use on broken skin. Ask a doctor before use if you have kidney disease. Stop if rash or irritation occurs. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Manufacturers Information: Old Spice Red Zone Deodorant.
Amount in Container: 2.6 oz.
1. Aluminum Zirconium Trichlorohydrex (active) - a chemical compound used as an antiperspirant in many deodorant products. The compound is selected for its ability to close pores in the skin and prevent sweat production. Its anhydrous form gives it the added ability of absorbing moisture. Several studies suggest that aluminium zirconium trichlorohydrex gly is not absorbed through the skin as readily as other aluminium compound. This finding would suggest a significantly lower chance of toxic effects associated with aluminium, though still unproven.
2. Cyclopentasiloxane - A silicone fluid commonly used in cosmetics such as deodorants, sun blocks, hair sprays and skin care products.
3. Dimethicone - Is the most widely used silicon-based organic polymer, and is particularly known for its unusual flow properties. The Cosmetic Ingredient Review's Expert Panel has concluded that dimethicone and related polymers are "safe as used in cosmetic formulations".
4. Tribehenin - a skin-conditioning agent.
5. C18-36 Acid Triglyceride - has many uses, such as in the manufacture of food and in the production of pharmaceuticals.
Conclusion: I will continue to use this product because there aren’t any proven health issues caused by the product or its ingredients, and I don’t want to smell bad.