When it comes to grocery shopping, most people are completed misled by what the front of the box says. This leads them to believe what they are buying is actually healthy for them.
Below are 5 out of hundreds of products where the front of the packages have all kinds of great sounding things like "fat free", "reduced sugar", "high protein", "low cholesterol", "low carb", etc.
The truth is actually not on the front of the box but on the back!
These ‘healthy foods’ are actually highly processed and full of chemicals and industrially refined ingredients:
Slim Fast Shakes:
These are far from healthy! If you read their ingredients you’ll find they're actually loaded with:
• - High fructose corn syrup
• - Hydrogenated oils
• - A huge list of other chemicals!
Fat Free Rice Cakes:
Despite so many people being led to believe these rice cakes are healthy, they really are nothing more than:
• - Pure refined starch with zero fibre - which basically breaks down immediately into sugar in your body, spiking insulin and promoting fat storage.
So called: "Scientifically Slim Body Engineered" – I think not. I took a closer look at the ingredients of these "healthy" protein bars:
• - hydrogenated oils
• - high fructose corn syrup
• - enough sugar alcohols to give you diarrhea for a week!
Canned Fruit In Syrup:
Many choose this as their primary source of fruit which is processed, canned fruit that's been cooked and loaded with sugary syrup.
Why not just eat fresh whole fruit which still contains the skins, fiber, active enzymes, etc?
Reduced Sugar Dessert Cakes:
These are loaded with nasty artificial sweeteners, sugar alcohols, preservatives, and a chemical ingredient list about 15 lines long!
• - When you're next in the supermarket, be highly aware of the foods that you are buying.
• - If they are "fat free", "reduced sugar", "high protein", "low...