1) So what exactly do you do?
Drywall finisher- I make sure a wall is flawless of all cracks and crevices so that it is ready to be painted.
Stucco- Apply Styrofoam for insulation, then a base coat, then finally a finish coat which is coloured.
2) How long have you been doing this job for?
- 22 years
3) What kind of education/training did you need to get into this career?
- Started as a summer job, but turned out to be my career. I didn’t have any education or training for this job.
4) What kind of skills do you need to perform good at this career,(Technical, Transferable, Personal management)?
- The skill required I would say would be transferable, because you learn as you do it.
5) Why did you choose this career?
- Always wanted to be in construction, enjoyed building stuff as a young boy.
6) What are some advantages and disadvantages of your career?
Advantages- My own boss, work my own hours, good money.
Disadvantage- Hard physical work, no benefits, work a lot of hours, work isn’t constant.
7) What kind of responsibilities/duties do you have?
-Stick to the time frame of a job, make schedule for workers, find a job, collect the money and distribute, make sure the site is clean when finished.
8) Is there any opportunities for an advancement in this career?
- Yes because you can be hired by a bigger company which could pay more and offer more jobs, or start your own company.
9) If you could make a change to your current career, what would it be?
- Change some safety laws that make it incredibly hard to complete a job fast.
10) What other jobs did you have throughout your life?
- All jobs I’ve had have been in the same area of construction.
11) What skills have you learned as a result of your experiences?(Work life)
- Learned to be polite/friendly to customers, learned how to sell my job to customers, learned to be patient with customers/employees.
12) What is your definition of success?
- Being well known throughout...