Paul William “Bear” Bryant
Hi very good morning friends. Friends every one love sports and sports is everything , everywhere too, I have an heart. sports is Divine and My favourite guy who makes that coach is Bear” Bryant one of the best football coach ever.
2) Paul William Bryant also known as “Bear Bryant” was a smart man to know the many different kinds of football players of Alabama.
3) He was born on September 11, 1913 in Fordyce, Arkansas and had died on January 26, 1983 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. He was the eleventh child of the twelve children in his family. His nick name is bear.
4)He went to Fordyce High School and 5)began playing the school’s football team as an eighth grader. He had been playing football during the years of 1933- 1935 for Alabama.
6)Then he changed to coaching football from the year 1936-1982. He was best known as the long-time head coach for the University of Alabama football team.
7)During his 25-year position of Alabama’s head coach collected six national championships and thirteen conference championships. He was named National Coach of the Year three times. In the year 1961, 1971 and 1973.
8) Honors and awards
* Three-time National Coach of the Year in 1961, 1971 and 1973. The national coach of the year award was subsequently named the Paul "Bear" Bryant Award in his honor.
* Was named Head Coach of Sports Illustrated's NCAA Football All-Century Team.
* He received 1.5 votes for the Democratic Party Presidential nomination at the extremely contentious 1968 Democratic Convention
* In February 1983, Bryant was posthumously awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Ronald Reagan.
* Bryant was honored with a U.S. postage stamp in 1996.
* Country singer Roger Hallmark recorded a tribute song in his honor.
9) He was then offered the head coaching job at the University of Arkansas in the year 1941. But he decided to join the Navy....