Research on Purchase Behavior of Consumer
University of Northern Virginia
Professor: Ali Dastmalchi (MKTG 598)
Author: Chuxiong Zhao
Consumer Buying Behavior
Consumer behavior is the foundation of all the management strategy, especially for the retail industry, which directly provides products and service to the consumers. It is very important to understand consumer behavior for carrying out the marketing strategy.After fierce development these years, the retail industry in our contry has become more mature and stable. This development has imposed on the consumers and their purchasing behavior has changed a lot. Now they have their own idea about different kind
• What is Consumer Buying Behavior?
• Stages of Consumer Buying Behavior?
• Types of Consumer Buying Behavior.
• Categories That Effect Consumer Buying Behavior.
What is Consumer Buying Behavior?
Process by which individuals search for, select, purchase, use, and dispose of goods and services, in satisfaction of their needs and wants. See also consumer decision making.
Buying Behavior is the decision processes and acts of people involved in buying and using products.
Need to understand:
• why consumers make the purchases that they make?
• what factors influence consumer purchases?
• the changing factors in our society.
Consumer Buying Behavior refers to the buying behavior of the ultimate consumer. A firm needs to analyze buying behavior for:
• Buyers reactions to a firms marketing strategy has a great impact on the firms success.
• The marketing concept stresses that a firm should create a Marketing Mix (MM) that satisfies (gives utility to) customers, therefore need to analyze the what, where, when and how consumers buy.
• Marketers can better predict how consumers will respond to marketing strategies.