Case study pages 531-532
1. Is the process of buying a car a pleasant one?
2. What factors make it a pleasant or un pleasant experience
2 Evaluate Saturns channel strategy in terms of how effective or ineffective you think it is. In meeting consumer expectation and providing customer satisfaction in the purchase of an auto mobile.
• Saturn has an extremely innovative Approach
• Saturns Primary goals are to create quality vehicles while maintaining low cost, and high consumer satisfaction through integration of people, technology, and business systems that all fuction within the United States.
• Saturn has implemented new methods to manufacture high quality low cost vehicle to compete specifically with foreign markets.
• Saturn partnered with GM an created a Sep labor contract authorize by Gm
• Saturn established a separate wholly owned Subsidiary to assume all operational Responsibilities in a self contained Unit.
Saturns Marketing Strategy
• Saturn has a single minded focus on how customer relate to the product and company behind it
• Saturn uses innovated strategies such as no haggle pricing policy
• The no haggle pricing policy separates itself from the industry by eliminating the bargaining process of purchasing an automobile. It also alleviates the necessity to partake in dealer hopping in order to ensure the lowest price for an automobile.
• Saturn created a 26 minute film called “Spring in Spring Hill” This film documented the Saturn story using Saturn team memberts to explain the products history from a personal perspective.
• Film was also used as a presentation tool to gain bank loans and zoning variances
• Saturns Over all market strategy is to create a high level of awareness about companies products and services
• Saturns target market is 18-49 years old college graduates, white collar workers earning 35,000 per year.
• However Saturn did deviate from this market by showing older woman driving in...