SPAN 1202 Instructor: ___________________
Hybrid Class Office: ___________________
Wednesday Syllabus Email: __________________
Spring 2011 Phone: ___________________
Office Hours: ______________ *By appoinment
Course inquiries: General Questions and Discussion Forum in Moodle Course
Students are encouraged to ask questions through the forum rather than sending
e-mails. Inquiries made in the forum will be responded to within 24 hours (M-F between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm.).
Students must check Moodle before ecah class.
Language requeriment: Students who have studied the language for at least two years in high school and done well are encouraged to take advantage of our bypass credit policy (see languages.uncc.edu/bypass-credit.htm)
• To take this class the student must have computer skills and feel comfortable using technology and the internet.
• Each student needs a computer with high speed internet access.
• Students need to be strongly motivated because a significant part of the course involves learning through online materials.
• Information about foreign language proficiency requirements may be found at languages.uncc.edu/proficiency-requeriment.html
• Students should also consult their academic department for information concerning the foreign language courses required by their major.
• SPAN 1202 is part two of a two-course elementary sequence that includes SPAN 1201 and SPAN 1202.
• This class is a blend of face-to-face instruction with online learning, which requires students to be independent learners who take responsibility for their own progress.
• Students will meet as a class with an instructor once a week to participate in active learning exercises, to practice oral and written communication skills, and to take tests.
• Online assignments will be described in the Moodle Course...