|Credits | 3 |Pre-requisites |ACCG 201 |
|Days and Times |MW 11AM-12.15PM (sect b) |Location |B101 AND B108 |
| |UTR 4-4.50PM (sect c) | | |
|Name |SCOTT TAN |E-mail |STAN@AUD.EDU |Phone |04-318-3338 |
|Office | |Office Hours |UTR12.30PM TO 4PM |
| |B213A | | |
The emphasis of this course is on the use of accounting information internally by managers in an organization. Students will gain an understanding of the information needed by managers in planning, control and decision-making. This course covers cost concepts and cost behavior, activity based costing, costing systems, operational budgets, standard costing, introduction to capital budgeting, cost-volume-profit analysis and relevant costs in decision-making.
Upon completion of this course student will be able to:
1. Define and explain the basic concepts in managerial accounting
2. Demonstrate and apply the concepts of job order costing, Activity Based Costing (ABC) and process costing in businesses.
3. Define and apply Cost-Volume-Profit (CVP) analyses, flexible budgeting and profit planning in management planning and control.
4. Apply performance analysis techniques to improve profitability.
5. Demonstrate and apply capital...