1. AIDS is Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome this is the final stage of the HIV disease. This causes severe damage to the immune system. This is also the 6th leading cause of death in people from 24 to 44.
2. STDs are infectious diseases that spread from person to person through intimate contact.
3. If I found out I had an STD, I would tell my partner so they could get treated as well as myself. How it would affect my life would depend on the type of disease it was. I would learn from this that I should be more careful with who I sleep with and to always be careful.
4. If I found out that my partner had an STD, I would get myself treated if I had contracted it and discuss how he came to getting it. I wouldn't judge him or treat him differently because of this.
5. Five ways to show someone you care is by supporting them, helping with whatever their needs were, Help them become informed, not being judgmental, and not trying to push my beliefs or thoughts onto them. How they handle the situation is up to them I'll stand by and support whatever decisions they make.
6. Disagree- Money for AIDS research shouldn't be cut. It's not the type of lifestyle that you live that always contributes to AIDS, because you can transmit AIDS to your child if your pregnant, you can also get it if had a blood transfusion from someone who has AIDS.
7. Disagree- HIV infection is a great risk for college students. College students are less likely to practice safe sex. There’s also a good chance that they will share needles if they are drug users.
9. Disagree- I believe that people are practicing safer sex with the risks that we are faced with in society. Not just against STDs and AIDS but also against unwanted pregnancies.
10. Disagree- I am the type of person who keeps to myself about my personal life. So when it comes to sex or my home life I don't tend to talk to anyone about it. I feel there are things that should be kept between partners.